You should be able to obtain a quality boat wax or a complete DIY boat waxing kit from a reputable boat accessory store.
Step-by-step process of waxing your fiberglass boat
To wax your boat, here are some simple steps that you need to follow:
- Rinse off your boat with a low-pressure hose to remove any loose dirt and salty residue. This will help you to easily clean it.
- Next wash the entire boat with a quality boat cleaner to remove any grease, marine growth, and mineral deposits etc. Rinse thoroughly and allow to dry. This is very important as you don’t want any dirt or grease to be mix with your wax and create an ugly mess.
- If you notice any chips, gouges or cracks in the hull, now is the time to fix them. Do a quick gelcoat repair on any chips and cracks that you found in the hull. The quickest and easiest way to do gelcoat repair is by using MagicEzy’s innovative DIY gelcoat repair products – the 9 Second Chip Fix or the Hairline Fix. Use 9 Second Chip Fix to fill and color holes, or Hairline Fix to seal and color stress cracks. Allow to fully cure before proceeding with the wax job.
- If you have antifouling on your boat, tape off the area with a quality painters tape to avoid smearing bottom paint on the hull.
- Buff and polish your boat with a suitable polishing compound. This abrasive compound will gently remove small scratches, stains, and other imperfections whilst restoring the gelcoat’s natural shine.
- The final step is to apply the boat wax of choice with a clean soft cloth. Allow the wax to dry – usually about 5-10 minutes. Once dry, buff the wax off with another clean soft cloth.
For fixing scratches and chips on your boat, you can order the 9 Second Chip Fix or the Hairline Fix on Amazon. Order yours now today!