BOAT GELCOAT REPAIR TOUCH-UP: Fills and Colors Cracks and Scratches in Fiberglass Gelcoat Fast
- DO GLOSSY GELCOAT TOUCH-UP REPAIRS IN SECONDS; no mixing; no sanding; no grinding.
- SUPER STRONG ADHESION; 3 YEAR DURABILITY GUARANTEE which is incredible protection for a DIY repairer.
- HELPS STOP CRACKS SPREADING: durable and flexes with your boat.
- EASY COLOR MATCH: Pre-tinted in popular boat and marine colors.
- EASY TO APPLY. Very little prep work. All you need is a hairdryer and needle. 60-DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE.
Here’s an easy way to fix and color stress cracks in seconds and it’s so tough it comes with a 3 year durability guarantee.
MagicEzy Hairline Fix is a revolutionary pre-colored fiberglass and gelcoat repair product that fixes and colors fine stress cracks (spider cracks), and hairline fractures fast … in one application.
It penetrates deeply into the pores of even the finest of cracks for ultra tough adhesion and durability. It even flexes with your boat to help stop cracks from spreading.
Better still, there’s very little prepwork. You can perform repairs in seconds.
Note: To fill drill holes or any chips deeper than 6mm you will first need to use MagicEzy 9 Second Chip Fix, then color over the top with Hairline Fix. Our 9 Second Chip Fix is totally compatible with Hairline Fix and is super strong for structural durability.
- Repairs fine cracks, hairline fractures, gelcoat scratches
- Helps prevent cracks from spreading
- Easy to use – no mixing needed
- Build in applicator with level scraper
- Nano Technology for ultra strong adhesion
- Flexible to allow for movement
- UV & water resistant
- Non toxic, non hazardous
- Seals & colors – No need to paint-over
- Soap & water clean-up
- Available in 10 colors
- 3 Year durability guarantee
- Can also be used to repair tiles, stone and timber
Note: To repair chips and holes, use MagicEzy 9 Second Chip Fix instead.
Examples of popular colors for boats
- Scrape a fine needle point through the crack to remove grime.
- Clean area with soapy water & allow to dry thoroughly.
- IMPORTANT – Do not apply if surface is warm to touch. If necessary, cool with a damp cloth. Shade the area from sun while doing the repair.
- Shake the sealed tube vigorously for 2 minutes to mix.
- Apply a small drop of Hairline fix on the crack.
- Turn the tube 180 degrees and rapidly wipe MagicEzy Hairline fix along the crack with LEVEL.
- Clean the LEVEL with a tissue and trim away excess smears. A damp tissue can also be used if necessary.
- Wait 2 hours (at 20C / 70F).
- Repeat steps 5-8 until crack is completely filled. Gelcoats vary in depth, so up to 4 coats of Hairline Fix may be needed.
At 70ºF / 20º C (In cooler conditions, allow more time):
- Re-coat after 2 hours
- Avoid any contact for 48 hours after application
- Avoid getting wet for 14 days (If necessary, cover area with a temporary shield. Eg. plastic bag, sealed with electrical tape )
- MagicEzy will continue to strengthen and harden over the next 2-4 weeks.
- If the temperature is expected to drop below 20°C / 70°F within the first 24 hours, blow dry the repair with a warm hairdryer for about 2 minutes after each coat.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are MagicEzy repairs long-lasting?
How should I prepare/clean my boat before application?
Why do we clean a crack with a PIN?
In the first months a hairline crack is nearly clear. Over time it fills with dirt which looks more black. That dirt must be loosened quickly with a pin and followed by a soapy water wash and rinse so that the Hairline Fix can get inside the crack.
Why not clean with Acetone?.
Acetone removes grease very very well but misses cleaning dust and grime. It is also expensive and the fumes are dangerous. However “dishwashing detergent” is inexpensive and safely but effectively cleans most surfaces..
What is the Catalyst?
What is the largest damage that I could repair?
Can you tell me which color to use for a particular model of boat?
The best thing for you to do is refer to our Color Chart and estimate the closest match.
The two most popular whites are Snow White (pure white) and Oyster White (creamy off white). If required, you can mix two or more colors together to form a new color. Mix on a clear plastic wrap on top of the surface and match to the color of your boat.
I did the repair and then it vanished?
How long does it take to cure?
MagicEzy products have ultra-strong adhesion that provides tough, long-lasting repairs. In order to achieve this strength, MagicEzy needs a little extra time to cure. Allow 48 hours before subjecting the repair to contact. Avoid getting wet for 14 days (If necessary, cover area with a temporary shield. Eg. plastic bag, sealed with electrical tape ). MagicEzy will continue to strengthen and harden over the next 2 to 4 weeks.
Re-coat time: 2 hours (at 20°C / 70°F)