Used to prime plastic and aluminum before an application of MagicEzy 9 Second Chip Fix or Hairline Fix.
- Use on plastic and aluminium surfaces.
- Ultra strong adhesion.
- Water clean-up
- Can be used on most plastics.
- Easy to apply. No tools required.
- Money-back satisfaction guarantee.
- Suitable for above the waterline use.
Use as part of an easy two-step process to repair scrapes, chips and gouges in plastic and aluminium surfaces. Eg. plastic guards, covers, fairings, aluminium painted boat hulls.
First, prime the surface with a thin layer of Mega Fusion and allow to dry. Then apply a top coat of either 9 Second Chip Fix or Hairline Fix or both (depending on the type of damage or amount of gloss required).
Can also be used as a powerful adhesive. Eg. to bond two pieces of plastic together.
MagicEzy was nominated for the 2015 DAME Design Award at the Marine Equipment Trade Show (METS) Amsterdam. DAME is one of the most highly regarded international design competitions for new marine equipment and accessories. Read more about DAME
- If using on shiny plastic, rub with an abrasive pad until dull.
- Clean area with soapy water, rinse and allow to completely dry.
- Apply a thin layer of Mega Fusion into the damage.
- Turn the tube around 180 degrees and smooth over the repair with LEVEL.
- Use a tissue to remove any excess Mega Fusion
- If used as a primer, allow 2 hours (at 70°F/ 20°C) before applying a top coat of either 9 Second Chip Fix or Hairline Fix.
- If used to bond, allow 24 hours cure time.
Primed in two hours at at 70°F/ 20°C.
If used to bond, allow 24 hours to harden.
- Dries to a matte finish. If a glossy finish is required, apply a top, finishing coat of MagicEzy Hairline Fix or Chip Fix.
- If the temperature is above 70°F / 20°C allow the Mega Fusion 2 hours to dry before applying Hairline or Chip Fix. The 2 hours is essential to allow Mega Fusion’s industrial strength to penetrate into the surface below.
- If the temperature is expected to drop below 20°C / 70°F within the first 24 hours, blow dry the repair with a warm hairdryer for about 2 minutes after each coat.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are MagicEzy repairs long-lasting?
What is the shelf life after opening?
What is the Catalyst?
What is the largest damage that I could repair?
How should I clean/prepare my boat before a repair?
Why not clean with Acetone?
Acetone removes grease very well but has difficulty cleaning dust and grime. It is also expensive and the fumes are smelly/dangerous.
However, “dishwashing detergent” is inexpensive and has safe and effective cleaning properties.
What are MagicEzy products made of?
- Exceptional strength – The repairs are Guaranteed for 3 years (unique for a DIY product)
- Flexibility – To absorb stress and movement that can cause more damage
Why must I prime for plastics and aluminium?
MagicEzy MegaFusion is a super industrial strength primer – strong enough to bond so you can still fix Aluminum or Plastic.
After application allow at least two hours to chemically bond before applying MagicEzy’s 9 Second Chip Fix or Hairline Fix over the top.
Can MagicEzy be used for repairs under water?
Is there enough product in the tube to do all repairs?