A colored sealant / adhesive used to quickly and easily repair fine stress cracks (spider cracks).
- Easy to use. No tools required.
- Helps prevent cracks from spreading.
- Pre-tinted in 10 popular colors.
- Use on gelcoat, fiberglass, ceramics, stone & more.
- Money-back satisfaction guarantee.
MagicEzy Hairline Fix is a colored sealant used to quickly and easily repair fine stress cracks (spider cracks) and hairline fractures. Complete the repair in seconds without having to grind out the existing damage. Use on gelcoat, fiberglass, ceramics and stone.
Provides a long-lasting repair guaranteed to seal and protect for years. The strong adhesion in Hairline Fix helps prevent cracks from spreading.
Hairline Fix can also be used over the top of MagicEzy 9 Second Chip Fix to achieve a glossy finish.
Get a FREE Color Chart & Brochure
We’ll send it instantly. Just enter your details.
- Repairs fine cracks, hairline fractures, gelcoat scratches
- Helps prevent cracks from spreading
- Easy to use – no mixing needed
- Build in applicator with level scraper
- Nano Technology for ultra strong adhesion
- Flexible to allow for movement
- UV & water resistant
- Non toxic, non hazardous
- Seals & colors – No need to paint-over
- Soap & water clean-up
- Available in 10 colors
- 3 Year durability guarantee
- Can also be used to repair tiles, stone and timber
Note: To repair chips and holes, use MagicEzy 9 Second Chip Fix instead.
Examples of popular colors for boats
- Scrape a fine needle point through the crack to remove grime.
- Clean area with soapy water & allow to dry thoroughly.
- IMPORTANT – Do not apply if surface is warm to touch. If necessary, cool with a damp cloth. Shade the area from sun while doing the repair.
- Shake the sealed tube vigorously for 2 minutes to mix.
- Apply a small drop of Hairline fix on the crack.
- Turn the tube 180 degrees and rapidly wipe MagicEzy Hairline fix along the crack with LEVEL.
- Clean the LEVEL with a tissue and trim away excess smears. A damp tissue can also be used if necessary.
- Wait 2 hours (at 20C / 70F).
- Repeat steps 5-8 until crack is completely filled. Gelcoats vary in depth, so up to 4 coats of Hairline Fix may be needed.
At 70ºF / 20º C (In cooler conditions, allow more time):
- Re-coat after 2 hours
- Avoid any contact for 48 hours after application
- Avoid getting wet for 14 days (If necessary, cover area with a temporary shield. Eg. plastic bag, sealed with electrical tape )
- MagicEzy will continue to strengthen and harden over the next 2-4 weeks.
- If the temperature is expected to drop below 20°C / 70°F within the first 24 hours, blow dry the repair with a warm hairdryer for about 2 minutes after each coat.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are MagicEzy repairs long-lasting?
Yes. MagicEzy products are designed to withstand the elements for years. The unique combination of ultra strong adhesion, flexibility and UV protection make our products supremely durable. In fact, we tested it against the leading gelcoat brands and MagicEzy was more than 5 times stronger. This is why we guarantee that MagicEzy repairs will last for at least 3 years.
How should I prepare/clean my boat before application?
A few drops of Kitchen Dishwashing detergent in a cup of water is all you need. If the chips looks dirty or black use a paint brush to agitate inside the chip – then rinse out the hole with fresh water and allow to dry. You may also need to clean the crack out with a pin.
Why do we clean a crack with a PIN?
In the first months a hairline crack is nearly clear. Over time it fills with dirt which looks more black. That dirt must be loosened quickly with a pin and followed by a soapy water wash and rinse so that the Hairline Fix can get inside the crack.
Why not clean with Acetone?.
Acetone removes grease very very well but misses cleaning dust and grime. It is also expensive and the fumes are dangerous. However “dishwashing detergent” is inexpensive and safely but effectively cleans most surfaces..
What is the Catalyst?
MagicEzy is air dry.
What is the largest damage that I could repair?
There is no largest size. All sizes are repairable and guaranteed. Larger damage may need a larger spatula to apply.
Can you tell me which color to use for a particular model of boat?
Due to the fact that gelcoat can discolor quickly over time, it’s virtually impossible to give an accurate color recommendation that is based on the model of your boat.
The best thing for you to do is refer to our Color Chart and estimate the closest match.
The two most popular whites are Snow White (pure white) and Oyster White (creamy off white). If required, you can mix two or more colors together to form a new color. Mix on a clear plastic wrap on top of the surface and match to the color of your boat.
I did the repair and then it vanished?
Hairline cracks can be deep or shallow depending on the thickness of the gelcoat. The deeper ones require up to 4 coats of Hairline Fix. Apply additional coats immediately if it disappears.
How long does it take to cure?
Cure time can vary depending on the size of the repair and current weather conditions. If the temperature is expected to drop below 20°C / 70°F within 24 hours, blow dry the repair with a warm hairdryer for about 2 minutes after each coat. This will remove surface moisture and help the product cure.
MagicEzy products have ultra-strong adhesion that provides tough, long-lasting repairs. In order to achieve this strength, MagicEzy needs a little extra time to cure. Allow 48 hours before subjecting the repair to contact. Avoid getting wet for 14 days (If necessary, cover area with a temporary shield. Eg. plastic bag, sealed with electrical tape ). MagicEzy will continue to strengthen and harden over the next 2 to 4 weeks.
Re-coat time: 2 hours (at 20°C / 70°F)
Can MagicEzy be used for repairs under water?
Due to some environmental laws in certain parts of the world, our products are not recommended for areas permanently below the water.
Is there enough product in the tube to do all repairs?
In short – A little goes a long way and you will be surprised just how much you can repair with one tube. There are many variables which can influence how much you will need, but professionals who have used the product tell us they repair over 10 boats with each tube.