9 Second Chip Fix
A ready-to-use, one-part filler that provides easy, long-lasting repairs to chips, scrapes and gouges.
- Strong adhesion.
- Easy to apply. No tools required.
- Pre-tinted in 10 popular colors.
- Use on gelcoat, fiberglass, ceramics, stone & more.
- Money-back satisfaction guarantee.
MagicEzy 9 Second Chip Fix is a ready-to-use, colored filler perfect for repairing small holes, chips and gouges on fiberglass, gelcoat, ceramics and stone. It incorporates the latest nano technology to provide ultimate strength and adhesion. And with a 3 year durability guarantee, you can be assured of a quality, long-lasting repair.
Suitable for many applications including on your boat, jet ski, RV, caravan, shower, bath tub, vanity unit, floor tiles, stone benchtop and many others.
For a gloss finish on top of your chip repair, or for fine cracks which do not require a filler see MagicEzy Hairline Fix.
Get a FREE Color Chart & Brochure
We’ll send it instantly. Just enter your details.
- Easy to use – no mixing needed
- Built in applicator with level scraper
- Fills & colors – No need to paint-over
- Available in 10 colors
- Nano Technology for ultra strong adhesion
- UV & water resistant
- Non toxic, non hazardous
- Soap & water clean-up
- Can be sanded and drilled
- Air catalyst
- 3 Year durability guarantee
- Can also be used to repair tiles, stone and timber
Note: To repair fine stress cracks and hairline fractures, use MagicEzy Hairline Fix instead.
Examples of popular colors for boats
Do NOT use when temperature drops below 50°F / 10°C as the product will not cure.
- Clean area with soapy water & dry thoroughly.
- Massage the sealed tube to loosen contents.
- Apply into damage and slightly overfill.
- Turn the tube around 180 degrees and smooth over the repair with LEVEL.
- Clean the LEVEL with a tissue and trim away excess smears.
- Allow the repair time to become firm (usually about 2 hours).
- Repeat steps 3-6 to top-up if necessary.
At 70ºF / 20º C (In cooler conditions, allow more time):
- Re-coat after 2 hours
- Avoid any contact for 48 hours after application
- Avoid getting wet for 14 days (If necessary, cover area with a temporary shield. Eg. plastic bag, sealed with electrical tape )
- MagicEzy will continue to strengthen and harden over the next 2-4 weeks.
- Dries to a matte finish. If a glossy finish is required, apply a top, finishing coat of MagicEzy Hairline Fix.
- If the temperature is expected to drop below 20°C / 70°F within the first 24 hours, blow dry the repair with a warm hairdryer for about 2 minutes after each coat.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to prepare the surface before the repair?
Yes. MagicEzy products require a clean surface or they will not adhere to their full potential.
A few drops of Kitchen Dishwashing detergent in a cup of water is all you need. If the chips looks dirty or black use a paint brush to agitate inside the chip.
To finish, rinse out the hole with fresh water and allow to dry.
Why not clean the surface with acetone before application?
Acetone removes grease very very well but misses cleaning dust and grime. It is also expensive and the fumes are dangerous.
“Dishwashing detergent” however, is inexpensive plus cleans your dishes so well you can eat off them.
What is the Catalyst?
What is the largest damage that I could repair?
There is no largest size. All sizes are repairable and guaranteed. Larger damage may need a larger spatula to apply.
What happens if I accidentally let extra product dry around the repair?
Carefully shave excess with a single edge razor.
What are MagicEzy products made of?
MagicEzy uses ‘nano’ and ‘near-nano’ technologies. In layman’s terms this means super fine molecules that slowly penetrate the surface over time to provide a very strong bond. The benefits are:
- Exceptional strength – The repairs are Guaranteed for 3 years (unique for a DIY product)
- Flexibility – To absorb stress and movement that can cause more damage
How long will the repair last?
We are proud to offer a 3 year durability guarantee, which we believe is the only gelcoat system to warrant your protection. We can offer that and they cannot for one obvious reason – WE CAN and they can’t
Can MagicEzy be used for repairs under water?
Due to some environmental laws in certain parts of the world, our products are not recommended for areas permanently below the water.
Is there enough product in the tube to do all repairs?
In short – A little goes a long way and you will be surprised just how much you can repair with one tube. There are many variables which can influence how much you will need, but generally, one tube of 9 Second Chip Fix will repair 15-20 5mm (diameter) x 3mm (deep) chips. One tube of Hairline Fix will repair 15-20 6 inch long stress cracks.